The PhD Fellow will work in the framework of the project titled “FunHy – Neutrons for multi-functional hydrides” funded by the Nordic Neutron Sceince Programme of NordFrosk. This project is collaboration between Aarhus University (Denmark), Uppsala and Stockholm University (Sweden) and IFE (Norway). One PhD fellow will be employed in each country.
The aim of FunHy is to develop and characterize new metal hydrides with properties relevant for hydrogen storage, batteries and magnetic applications. The three PhD students in the FunHy will collaborate closely.
The PhD student at IFE will complete a PhD programme at the University of Oslo.
- Develop new boron-based hydrides with both Li ionic conductivity and magnetic properties, primarily by solid-state techniques
- Characterize the materials with a range of techniques, but with main focus on power neutron diffraction (PND) at the national infrastructure NcNeutron at IFE, total neutron scattering measurements at international large-scale neutron facilities and synchrotron radiation powder X-ray diffraction
- Support the other PhD students in the projects with PND measurements at NcNeutron and international large-scale neutron facilities
- Candidates are expected to have a Master or similar in materials science or a closely related field. A background in the application of neutron/X-ray scattering techniques for materials characterization is beneficial.
- The evaluation of candidates will be based on scientific qualifications and ability to communicate efficiently.
- Good knowledge of the English language is essential.
For more information and how to apply, visit: www.webcruiter.no